Michigan Catholic Conference understands that one weak or broken link will impact the effectiveness of the entire chain. As a result, it is empowering its Bookkeepers and Business Managers with the tools and information needed to ensure a smooth transition from start to finish. MCC is pleased to present you with its Bookkeepers’ Toolkit. If you should have any questions, please contact us at (800) 395-5565.
MCC 101: A General Overview for Bookkeepers and Business Managers
- Annual Salary Reduction Agreement
- Bookkeepers’ Cheat Sheet
- Bookkeepers’ 101 General Overview Frequently Asked Questions
Billing and Invoices
LDA Tax Information
The Michigan Catholic Conference (MCC) Unemployment Benefit Claim Process:
- Unit provides former employee with form UIA 1711, completed with its diocesan or non-diocesan Employer Account Number (EAN) and Federal Identification Number (FIN)
- Using the employer information listed on form UIA 1711, employee (claimant) files for unemployment benefits via telephone, (866) 500-0017, or online through the State of Michigan’s Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) website.
- UIA then processes the claim.
- Requests for Information are sent directly to MCC
- MCC reaches out to the former employer (unit) for additional information as needed, and responds to the UIA.
- UIA approves or denies the claim.
- If approved, claimant must certify, on a bi-weekly basis, to continue eligibility and receive UIA benefit payments.
- If denied, claimant may appeal to the UIA, as described in their letter of denial.
- UIA pays out the unemployment compensation and bills MCC as a reimbursing employer.
Please direct terminating employee to the UIA website for complete details on filing requirements.